您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
2003 – My Name is Red
Author: Orhan Pamuk
Translated from the original Turkish by Erdag M. Göknar
Winner of the 2003 Award
2003 Shortlist     2003 Longlist
The Judges’ Citation
A work of intense beauty, Orhan Pamuk’s My Name is Red opens a window into the reign of Ottoman Sultan Murat III, inviting us to experience the tension between East and West from a breathlessly urgent perspective.

Intelligent, witty and stylish this novel transports the reader to a world both rich and strange. Like the miniature paintings which are at the heart of the book, My Name is Red is intricate and complex.

A murder mystery in which nature and art mirror one another, it is clear once the reader reaches the last page that red is the colour of ambiguity. Timeless and timely, this byzantine mystery explores an earlier world that remains deeply influential even today. Pamuk’s writing is as elegant and multi-faceted as the story he narrates.

My Name is Red entices its readers with an amazing inventiveness. It is a rare tour de force of literary imagination and philosophical speculation.

Judges: Morgan Llywelyn, Deirdre Madden, Amritjit Singh, Ilan Stavans. Non-voting Chair, Allen Weinstein
About the Book
In Istanbul, in the late 1590s, the Sultan secretly commissions a great book: a celebration of his life and his empire, to be illuminated by the best artists of the day – in the European manner. At a time of violent fundamentalism, however, this is a dangerous proposition. Any work of representational art is an affront to Islam. So for their own safety, the illustrious circle of artists is not allowed to know for whom they are working. But when one of the miniaturists goes missing and is feared murdered, their Master has to seek outside help. Did the dead painter fall victim to professional rivalry, romantic jealousy or religious terror? With the Sultan demanding an answer within three days, perhaps a clue lies somewhere in the half-finished pictures themselves…
My Name is Red is a murder mystery but also a meditation on love and artistic devotion.

About the Author
Orhan Pamuk is the author of seven novels and a screenplay and the recipient of major Turkish and international literary awards. His work has been translated into more than twenty languages. He lives in Istanbul.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Author       
Orhan Pamuk

Country       
TR

Nominating Library       
Germany, Universitäts-und Landesbibliothek Bonn

Publisher       
Faber & Faber

LIBRARIES IRELAND - FIND THIS BOOK
Categories: 2003, Previous Winners

2003 - 我的名字叫红
作者: 奥尔罕-帕慕克
由埃达格-M-戈克纳尔从土耳其原文翻译而来
2003年奖得主
2003年入围名单 2003年长名单
评委的评语
奥尔罕-帕慕克的《我的名字叫红》是一部具有强烈美感的作品,它为我们打开了一扇了解奥斯曼帝国苏丹穆拉特三世统治时期的窗口,邀请我们从一个令人窒息的紧迫视角来体验东方与西方之间的紧张关系。

这部小说聪明、诙谐、时尚,将读者带入一个既丰富又陌生的世界。就像作为本书核心的微型画一样,《我的名字叫红》是错综复杂的。

这是一部自然与艺术相互映衬的谋杀悬案,一旦读者读到最后一页,就会发现红色是含糊不清的颜色。这部作品是永恒的,也是及时的,它探索了一个更早的世界,即使在今天仍有深刻的影响。帕慕克的写作就像他所叙述的故事一样优雅和多面性。

我的名字叫红》以惊人的创造性吸引了读者。它是一次罕见的文学想象力和哲学猜测之旅。

评委。Morgan Llywelyn, Deirdre Madden, Amritjit Singh, Ilan Stavans。无投票权的主席,艾伦-温斯坦
关于这本书
15世纪90年代末,在伊斯坦布尔,苏丹秘密委托编写一本伟大的书:庆祝他的生活和他的帝国,由当时最好的艺术家进行照明--以欧洲方式。然而,在一个暴力原教旨主义的时代,这是个危险的提议。任何表现性的艺术作品都是对伊斯兰教的侮辱。因此,为了他们自己的安全,杰出的艺术家们不被允许知道他们在为谁工作。但是,当其中一个微型画师失踪,并被怀疑被谋杀时,他们的主人不得不寻求外部帮助。死去的画家是职业竞争、浪漫嫉妒还是宗教恐怖的受害者?苏丹要求在三天内给出答案,也许线索就在这些半成品的某处...。
我的名字叫红》是一部谋杀之谜,也是一部关于爱情和艺术奉献的沉思录。

关于作者
奥尔罕-帕慕克是七部小说和一部电影剧本的作者,也是土耳其和国际主要文学奖项的获得者。他的作品已被翻译成20多种语言。他住在伊斯坦布尔。

其他信息
作者       
奥尔罕-帕穆克

国家       
TR

提名图书馆       
德国,波恩大学和州图书馆

出版商       
法布尔和法布尔

爱尔兰图书馆 - 查找此书
分类: 2003, 往届获奖者
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 04:38 , Processed in 1.556347 second(s), 19 queries .