收起左侧

2022.09.25 杰伊-布雷兹是一位家具修复师

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-9-27 16:46:26 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Jay Blades is a furniture restorer who is best known for presenting the Repair Shop on BBC One. The programme, which attracts many millions of viewers, brings old and damaged family treasures back to life and has been praised for its celebration of craftsmanship and the values of kindness and patience.

Jay grew up in Hackney in East London and was brought up by his mother Barbara. He struggled to read as a young boy which held him back at school and he left at 16. Years later, after he got a place to study criminology and philosophy at university, he was diagnosed with dyslexia at the age of 31.

He worked as a community worker for many years and co-founded charities which helped disadvantaged young people learn new skills. One of his charities was based in High Wycombe – an area famous for its historic furniture trade – and Jay learned how to restore furniture alongside the teenagers he was helping.

Later he started his own furniture restoration business and in 2017 he started presenting the Repair Shop. He recently set up his own television production company and has written books about DIY and his experiences on the Repair shop. In 2021 he was awarded an MBE for services to craft.

DISC ONE: Help Me Make It Through the Night by John Holt
DISC TWO: The Night I Fell In Love by Luther Vandross
DISC THREE: Revolution by Dennis Brown
DISC FOUR: Battle by Wookie
DISC FIVE: Love You Anyway by Cameo
DISC SIX: Baby I’m A Fool by Melody Gardot
DISC SEVEN: Kisses Don’t Lie by Evelyn “Champagne” King
DISC EIGHT: Take Me To The Alley by Gregory Porter

BOOK CHOICE: The Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X with Alex Haley
LUXURY ITEM: A reclining massage chair
CASTAWAY'S FAVOURITE: Help Me Make It Through the Night by John Holt

杰伊-布雷兹是一位家具修复师,他因在BBC One上主持《维修店》而闻名。该节目吸引了数百万观众,使古老和受损的家庭珍品重获新生,并因其对手工艺以及善良和耐心的价值的赞美而受到赞扬。

杰伊在伦敦东部的哈克尼长大,由他的母亲芭芭拉带大。他年幼时阅读困难,这阻碍了他在学校的发展,他在16岁时离开。几年后,当他在大学获得学习犯罪学和哲学的名额后,他在31岁时被诊断出患有阅读障碍。

他做了多年的社区工作者,并与人合作创办了一些慈善机构,帮助处境不利的年轻人学习新技能。他的一个慈善机构设在海威科姆(High Wycombe)--该地区以其历史悠久的家具贸易而闻名--杰伊在帮助青少年的过程中学习如何修复家具。

后来他开始了自己的家具修复业务,并在2017年开始主持《维修店》。他最近成立了自己的电视制作公司,并撰写了关于DIY和他在修理店的经历的书籍。2021年,他因对工艺的服务而被授予MBE。

DISC ONE: 约翰-霍尔特的《帮助我度过这个夜晚》。
DISC TWO: 路德-范德罗斯的《我坠入爱河的夜晚》。
DISC THREE: Dennis Brown的Revolution
DISC 4:Wookie的战斗
DISC Five: Love You Anyway by Cameo
DISC Six: Baby I'm A Fool by Melody Gardot.
DISC七:《亲吻不说谎》Evelyn "Champagne" King著
DISC 8:格雷戈里-波特的《带我去胡同》。

书籍选择:《马尔科姆-X自传》,作者是马尔科姆-X和亚历克斯-哈利。
奢侈物品:一张躺着的按摩椅
卡斯塔维的最爱:约翰-霍尔特的《帮助我度过这个夜晚》。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 23:41 , Processed in 6.484671 second(s), 19 queries .