马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
THE OTHER TIGER
A poem by Jorge Luis Borges, published in The Atlantic in 1967

By Jorge Luis Borges
Illustrations by Miki Lowe
JANUARY 31, 2021
Jorge Luis Borges was a poet, but he was also a dreamer of wild fiction, a thoughtful essayist, and—in all of his works—a philosopher. He was always pulling at the threads of perspective and reality, questioning his own point of view. In “The Other Tiger,” he marvels at the power of the creature in his mind’s eye, envisioned with such detail that he writes about the bony structure / that quivers under the glowing skin.

But the subject of the poem is not a tiger, real or imagined. It is the mind itself, pulling that idea of a tiger from a muddle of words, images, and references. That strange line between internal and external worlds fascinated Borges, who died in 1986, and the poem echoes one of his most famous quotes: “Time is a river that carries me away, but I am the river; it is a tiger that mangles me, but I am the tiger.”

— Faith Hill
A pdf of the original page of 'The Other Tiger' with an illustration of a tiger and its shadow to the left of the poem
Jorge Luis Borges was an Argentine poet, essayist, and short-story writer.

另一只老虎
豪尔赫-路易斯-博尔赫斯的一首诗,1967年发表在《大西洋》杂志上

作者:豪尔赫-路易斯-博尔赫斯
插图:Miki Lowe
2021年1月31日
分享
豪尔赫-路易斯-博尔赫斯是一位诗人,但他也是一位疯狂小说的梦想家,一位深思熟虑的散文家,而且在他所有的作品中都是哲学家。他总是在拉动视角和现实的线,质疑自己的观点。在《另一只老虎》中,他惊叹于他心目中的生物的力量,设想的细节如此之多,以至于他写到了发光的皮肤下的骨质结构/颤抖。

但这首诗的主题不是老虎,无论是真实的还是想象的。它是心灵本身,从混乱的文字、图像和参照物中拉出老虎的概念。博尔赫斯于1986年去世,他对内部和外部世界之间那条奇怪的界线非常着迷,这首诗呼应了他最著名的一句话。"时间是一条河,把我带走,但我就是那条河;它是一只老虎,把我咬碎,但我就是那只老虎。

- 菲斯-希尔
另一只老虎》的原版页面的pdf,诗的左边是老虎及其影子的插图
豪尔赫-路易斯-博尔赫斯是阿根廷的诗人、散文家和短篇小说家。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 19:14 , Processed in 3.863567 second(s), 19 queries .