收起左侧

2013.11.24 埃德-米利班德

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-4-13 00:42:20 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x

Rt Hon Ed Miliband MP, Leader of the Labour Party, joins Kirsty Young to choose his Desert Island Discs.

He's been in charge of his party for three years and was the youngest leader they'd ever elected. But that fact got somewhat lost in the drama that surrounded his coronation: famously, he stood against his brother, David. To say the younger brother's victory upset the political apple cart would be something of an understatement.

Politics is in his pores. His mother was a human rights campaigner, his father a renowned Marxist academic. Both parents came from Jewish families who settled in Britain having only just survived the Nazis.

Looking though his CV - clever comprehensive schoolboy, degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from Oxford, an intern for Tony Benn, Economics lecturer at Harvard, Special Advisor to Gordon Brown - it's clear, for him, there's only ever been one abiding passion.

He says, politics "is not something I chose. It's not something I learned from books, even from my Dad's books. It was something I was born into."

工党领袖埃德-米利班德议员与克尔斯蒂-杨一起选择他的 "荒岛光盘"。

他执掌他的政党已经三年了,是他们有史以来最年轻的领导人。但这一事实在围绕着他的加冕的戏剧性事件中多少被忽略了:著名的是,他与他的兄弟大卫站在一起。说这个弟弟的胜利打乱了政治上的苹果车是一种轻描淡写的说法。

政治就在他的毛孔里。他的母亲是一名人权运动者,他的父亲是著名的马克思主义学者。他的父母都来自犹太家庭,他们刚刚从纳粹统治中幸存下来,就在英国定居。

纵观他的简历--聪明的综合学校学生,牛津大学哲学、政治学和经济学学位,托尼-本的实习生,哈佛大学经济学讲师,戈登-布朗的特别顾问--很明显,对他来说,只有一种持久的激情。

他说,政治 "不是我选择的东西。这不是我从书本上学到的东西,甚至不是从我父亲的书本上学到的。这是我天生的东西。"
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 02:54 , Processed in 4.933808 second(s), 19 queries .