2014.01.19 罗斯-赫德森-威尔金牧师

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-4-7 01:13:34 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Released On: 19 Jan 2014Available for over a year
Kirsty Young's castaway this week is the Reverend Rose Hudson-Wilkin.

The first black woman to be chaplain to Her Majesty the Queen and also to the Speaker of the House of Commons, she's also kept busy with her work in less rarefied surroundings - ministering to two churches in the east London borough of Hackney.

It's all a long way from the crystal waters and swaying palms of her birthplace, Montego Bay, where brought up by her Auntie Pet she coped with poverty and separation from her mother. She did however have a sense, from the age of just 14, that her future lay in faith.

She wasn't wrong and the combination of her belief and dynamism has taken her to as close to the top as The Church of England will currently allow. If they do eventually permit women bishops it's easy to imagine she'd be a shoe in.

She says "Oh I have lots of ambition. You can't be Jamaican and not be ambitious. My ambition is to enjoy life. My ambition is to do everything I do to the best of my ability."

发布日期:2014年1月19日发布时间:一年多以来
克斯蒂-杨本周的弃儿是罗斯-赫德森-威尔金牧师。

她是第一位担任女王陛下和下议院议长的牧师的黑人女性,她也一直忙于她在不那么稀缺的环境中的工作--在伦敦东部的哈克尼区的两个教堂里做牧师。

这与她的出生地蒙特哥湾的清澈海水和摇曳的棕榈树相去甚远,她在那里由她的姨妈佩特抚养长大,应对贫穷和与母亲的分离。然而,她从14岁起就有一种感觉,她的未来在于信仰。

她没有错,她的信仰和活力结合在一起,使她在英格兰教会目前允许的范围内接近高层。如果他们最终允许女性担任主教,很容易想象她会是一个合适的人选。

她说:"哦,我有很多野心。作为牙买加人,你不可能没有野心。我的野心是享受生活。我的野心是把我做的每件事都做到最好。"
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 22:53 , Processed in 4.234692 second(s), 19 queries .