2014.03.23 护士兼人道主义者克莱尔-伯钦格夫人

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-4-5 09:28:35 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Released On: 23 Mar 2014Available for over a year
Kirsty Young's castaway is the nurse & humanitarian Dame Claire Bertschinger.

She's worked for The Red Cross in over a dozen countries including Sudan, Sierra Leone, Kenya, Afghanistan, Lebanon and Liberia amid the sort of raw human suffering that most of us find - even on the TV - almost unbearable to witness. It was through Michael Buerk's landmark news reports of the Ethiopian famine 30 years ago that she first grabbed our attention. We saw her as a young nurse surrounded by thousands of starving people and forced, daily, to make the truly terrible decision of choosing who to feed.

Throughout the years she's won numerous plaudits and awards: her Florence Nightingale Medal is given "to honour those "who've distinguished themselves in times of war by exceptional courage and devotion to the wounded, sick or disabled."

She says, "I don't live just to eat and sleep and get money to have a nice house ... I have to create value - I have to do something in life."

发布日期:2014年3月23日发布时间:一年多以来
克斯蒂-杨的弃儿是护士兼人道主义者克莱尔-伯钦格夫人。

她曾在苏丹、塞拉利昂、肯尼亚、阿富汗、黎巴嫩和利比里亚等十几个国家为红十字会工作,经历了我们大多数人认为--即使在电视上--几乎无法忍受的那种原始的人类痛苦。正是通过迈克尔-布尔克30年前对埃塞俄比亚饥荒的里程碑式的新闻报道,她第一次吸引了我们的注意。我们看到她作为一名年轻的护士,被成千上万的饥民包围着,每天被迫做出真正可怕的决定,选择给谁喂食。

多年来,她赢得了无数的赞誉和奖项:她的弗洛伦斯-南丁格尔奖章是为了表彰那些 "在战争时期以非凡的勇气和对伤病员或残疾人的奉献而表现突出的人"。

她说:"我活着不只是为了吃和睡,得到钱来拥有一个好房子...。我必须创造价值--我必须在生活中有所作为"。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 20:33 , Processed in 4.570936 second(s), 19 queries .