收起左侧

2015.06.07 传记作家和公共思想家丽莎-雅尔丁教授

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-3-25 05:21:53 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Professor Lisa Jardine, academic, biographer and public thinker, is interviewed by Kirsty Young for Desert Island Discs.

Historian, biographer, public thinker, mathematician - her proclivities are wide ranging and well regarded with prize winning books on subjects as diverse as Sir Christopher Wren, Seventeenth century Holland, Erasmus and women in the time of Shakespeare.

Her current day job is leading the Department of Renaissance Studies at University College London, she's also a prolific writer and broadcaster. If that all seems a little ivory tower for your tastes think again; as Chair of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority for many years she was at the sharp end of the complex conundrums and high emotion that surround the artificial creation of life, leading the world in developing the legal framework that governs IVF treatment.

Her rigour and originality, then, are greatly admired and both seem to have been in evidence since the beginning - her schoolgirl contemporaries had pictures of Elvis by their beds. Lisa had other ideas, as a teenager she gazed lovingly at a photo of a brilliant mathematician.

She says: "I only do things I love, and I love everything I do ..."

学术界、传记作家和公共思想家丽莎-雅尔丁教授接受了柯尔斯蒂-杨的 "荒岛光盘 "采访。

历史学家、传记作家、公共思想家、数学家--她的嗜好范围很广,而且广受好评,其获奖书籍涉及克里斯托弗-冉爵士、十七世纪的荷兰、伊拉斯谟和莎士比亚时代的女性等不同主题。

她目前的工作是领导伦敦大学学院的文艺复兴研究系,她也是一位多产的作家和广播员。如果这一切对你的口味来说似乎有点象牙塔,那就再想想吧;作为人类受精和胚胎学管理局的主席,她多年来一直处于围绕着人工创造生命的复杂难题和高涨情绪的最前沿,领导世界制定了管理试管婴儿治疗的法律框架。

因此,她的严谨性和独创性令人钦佩,而这两点似乎从一开始就体现出来了--她同时代的女学生床边都有猫王的照片。丽莎有其他的想法,在十几岁时,她深情地凝视着一位杰出数学家的照片。

她说:"我只做我喜欢的事情,我喜欢我所做的一切......"
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 02:03 , Processed in 0.671685 second(s), 19 queries .