收起左侧

2016.11.06 阿里-史密斯 苏格兰作家

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-3-20 01:41:02 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Ali Smith is a Scottish writer. Born in Inverness in 1962, the youngest of five children by seven years, she says, "I grew up completely alone but with all the comforts of knowing I had a cushioning family structure around me - and yet I could free myself from it."

After reading English at Aberdeen and nearly completing a PhD at Cambridge, she started down an academic path, winning a lectureship at Strathclyde University in Glasgow, but she soon decided that academia wasn't for her.

She gave herself three years in which to make it as a writer. By then she had moved from writing poems, for which she had discovered an aptitude aged eight, to short stories.

Her first collection, Free Love and Other Stories, was published in 1995.

Since then she has written novels, including How to Be Both, and The Accidental, as well as plays. Nominated three times for the Booker Prize, her fiction has won numerous literary awards including the Goldsmiths Award, the Whitbread Novel of the Year Award, and the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction.

阿里-史密斯是一位苏格兰作家。她1962年出生于因弗内斯,是五个孩子中最年轻的一个,她说:"我完全是一个人长大的,但我知道我周围有一个缓冲的家庭结构,这让我感到很舒服--但我又能把自己从这个结构中解放出来。"

在阿伯丁读完英语后,几乎在剑桥完成了博士学位,她开始走上学术道路,在格拉斯哥的斯特拉斯克莱德大学赢得了一个讲师职位,但她很快决定学术界不适合她。

她给自己三年的时间来做一个作家。那时,她已经从八岁时发现的诗歌写作转向短篇小说。

她的第一本小说集《自由之爱和其他故事》于1995年出版。

从那时起,她写了小说,包括《如何成为两个人》和《意外》,以及剧本。她的小说曾三次获得布克奖提名,并赢得了许多文学奖项,包括金史密斯奖、惠特布雷德年度小说奖和贝利斯妇女小说奖。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 08:43 , Processed in 0.967060 second(s), 19 queries .