收起左侧

2019.12.15 海蒂-托马斯是一位编剧和剧作家

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-2-15 03:18:56 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Heidi Thomas is a screenwriter and playwright best known for Call the Midwife. The BBC TV series, which began in 2012, was originally a six part adaptation of a trilogy of memoirs by Jennifer Worth, recalling her experiences as a midwife in the East End of London. It was an immediate hit, with 10 million viewers a week, becoming one of BBC One’s most popular dramas and a fixture in the Christmas schedules.

Born in 1962, Heidi Thomas grew up as the eldest of three children in the leafy suburbs of Liverpool. Her father ran a drain cleaning business while her mother looked after the children, including Heidi’s youngest brother David, who was born with Down’s Syndrome.

Heidi studied English at Liverpool University, supporting herself by selling ladies’ underwear at a department store. During a bout of viral hepatitis, which left her unable to apply for jobs when she graduated, she entered a competition for new plays and won a prize for her debut, All Flesh is Grass. During the production,of her next play, Shamrocks and Crocodiles, she met the actor Stephen McGann. They went on to marry, and many years later Stephen was cast as the GP in Call the Midwife.

After nearly a decade in the theatre, Heidi made the leap into television, first writing on existing series such as Soldier, Soldier and Doctor Finlay. Her other screenwriting credits include Lilies, based on her grandmother’s recollections, and adaptations of classic novels including Elizabeth Gaskell’s Cranford, Noel Streatfeild’s Ballet Shoes and Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women.

DISC ONE: You Belong to Me by The Duprees
DISC TWO: Penny Lane by The Beatles
DISC THREE: Gentle on my Mind by Dean Martin
DISC FOUR: Who Will Sing Me Lullabies? by Kate Rusby
DISC FIVE: The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack
DISC SIX: Finishing The Hat by Josh Groban
DISC SEVEN: Agnus Dei from Requiem, op. 48, conducted by Nigel Short and performed by London Symphony Orchestra Chamber Ensemble and Tenebrae
DISC EIGHT: Both Sides, Now by Joni Mitchell

BOOK CHOICE: London Labour and the London Poor by Henry Mayhew
LUXURY ITEM: A hot water bottle
CASTAWAY'S FAVOURITE: Both Sides, Now by Joni Mitchell

海蒂-托马斯是一位编剧和剧作家,以《助产士召唤》而闻名。这部BBC电视剧始于2012年,最初是由詹妮弗-沃斯的回忆录三部曲改编的六部曲,回忆了她在伦敦东区当助产士的经历。该剧立即受到欢迎,每周有1000万观众,成为BBC一台最受欢迎的剧集之一,并成为圣诞节档期的固定节目。

海蒂-托马斯出生于1962年,在利物浦郊区绿树成荫的地方长大,是三个孩子中的老大。她的父亲经营着一家下水道清洁公司,而她的母亲则负责照顾孩子,包括海蒂最小的弟弟大卫,他出生时患有唐氏综合症。

海蒂在利物浦大学学习英语,通过在一家百货公司销售女士内衣来养活自己。在一次病毒性肝炎期间,她毕业时无法申请工作,她参加了一个新剧目比赛,她的处女作《草木皆兵》获得了奖项。在她的下一个剧本《三叶草与鳄鱼》的制作过程中,她遇到了演员斯蒂芬-麦甘。他们后来结婚了,许多年后,斯蒂芬在《助产士召唤》中扮演全科医生。

在剧院工作了近十年后,海蒂跃入电视界,首先为现有的系列剧如《士兵,士兵》和《芬利医生》写剧本。她的其他编剧作品包括根据她祖母的回忆创作的《百合花》,以及对经典小说的改编,包括伊丽莎白-盖斯凯尔的《克兰福德》、诺尔-斯特里费尔德的《芭蕾舞鞋》和路易莎-梅-奥尔科特的《小女人》。

DISC ONE: 你属于我》,杜普雷乐队演唱
DISC TWO: 披头士乐队的《Penny Lane》。
DISC THREE: Dean Martin的《Gentle on my Mind》。
DISC 4:《谁来为我唱摇篮曲》,凯特-罗斯比演唱
DISC Five: The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
DISC六:乔什-格罗班的《整理帽子》。
DISC Seven: Agnus Dei from Requiem, op. 48, by Nigel Short conducted and performed by London Symphony Orchestra Chamber Ensemble and Tenebrae
第八张:乔尼-米切尔的《两边,现在》。

书籍选择:亨利-梅休的《伦敦劳工和伦敦穷人》。
奢侈品:一个热水瓶
卡斯特威的最爱:乔尼-米切尔的《两边,现在》。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 18:51 , Processed in 0.128198 second(s), 19 queries .