2020.12.13米内特-巴特斯是第一位成为全国农民联盟主席的女性

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-2-11 17:51:59 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Released On: 13 Dec 2020
Minette Batters is the first woman to become President of the National Farmers' Union, representing 47,000 members. She was first elected to the post in 2018 for two years, and was re-elected in March 2020.

Minette runs a tenanted family farm in Wiltshire. The mixed farming business includes cattle, sheep and arable, as well as the conversion of a 17th century barn into a wedding and events venue.

Her father was a tenant farmer, and Minette adored helping him as a youngster, but the idea of taking on the farm herself seemed out of the question: her father strongly advised against it. Instead she took a Cordon Bleu course, graduated with distinction and ran her own catering business for 20 years. When her father retired, the lure of the land pulled her back and she took on the tenancy in 1998, despite the misgivings of many of her friends. Her campaigns on behalf of farmers include the initiatives Ladies in Beef and the Great British Beef Week. This year she has represented the views of NFU members during the Covid-19 crisis and the Brexit negotiations.

DISC ONE: Green Green Grass of Home by Tom Jones
DISC TWO: I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers
DISC THREE: Antonio Vivaldi: Spring From The Four Seasons: 1. Allegro by Nigel Kennedy (violin) and English Chamber Orchestra
DISC FOUR: Give A Little Bit by Supertramp
DISC FIVE: Silent Night by The Salisbury Cathedral Choir, conducted by David Halls
DISC SIX: Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
DISC SEVEN: The Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler
DISC EIGHT: I Vow To Thee My Country by Katherine Jenkins

BOOK CHOICE: We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury
LUXURY ITEM: A loaf of bread
CASTAWAY'S FAVOURITE: Give A Little Bit by Supertramp

上映日期:2020年12月13日
米内特-巴特斯是第一位成为全国农民联盟主席的女性,代表47000名成员。她于2018年首次当选该职位,任期两年,并在2020年3月再次当选。

米内特在威尔特郡经营一个租用的家庭农场。这个混合农业业务包括牛、羊和耕地,以及将一个17世纪的谷仓改造成一个婚礼和活动场所。

她的父亲是一位佃农,米内特年轻时很喜欢帮助他,但自己经营农场的想法似乎是不可能的:她的父亲强烈建议不要这样做。相反,她参加了蓝带课程,以优异的成绩毕业,并经营了自己的餐饮业20年。当她的父亲退休后,土地的诱惑把她拉了回来,尽管她的许多朋友有疑虑,但她还是在1998年获得了租约。她代表农民开展的活动包括 "牛肉女士 "和 "大英国牛肉周"。今年,她在Covid-19危机和英国脱欧谈判中代表NFU成员的意见。

DISC ONE: 汤姆-琼斯的《家乡的绿草》。
第二张唱片。I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers
DISC THREE: Antonio Vivaldi: Spring From The Four Seasons: 1. Nigel Kennedy(小提琴)和英国室内乐团的《快板》。
DISC 4:Supertramp的《Give A Little Bit》。
DISC 5:索尔兹伯里大教堂合唱团的《静夜》,由大卫-霍尔斯指挥
DISC 6:《虎眼》(Eye of the Tiger),幸存者(Survivor)。
第七张:贝蒂-米勒的《风从我的翅膀下吹过》。
第八张:凯瑟琳-詹金斯的《我向你发誓,我的国家》。

书籍选择:迈克尔-罗森和海伦-奥克森伯里的《我们要去打熊》。
奢侈物品:一条面包
CASTAWAY的最爱:Supertramp的《Give A Little Bit》。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 07:51 , Processed in 0.920315 second(s), 19 queries .