2013.03.31 皇家律师悉尼-金特里奇爵士

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2022-4-20 15:57:21 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册 与译者交流

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Released On: 31 Mar 2013Available for over a year
Kirsty Young's castaway this week is Sir Sydney Kentridge QC.

Widely regarded as a leading advocate of the 20th century, he continues to make his mark in the 21st; he recently appeared for the first time in the European Court of Justice and at the end of last year he spent the actual day of his 90th birthday working in the English Supreme Court.

Born in South Africa, he was first called to the bar there at the end of the 1940s and played a leading role in some of the most significant political trials of the apartheid era. 'Understated, controlled, relentlessly rational' - and with devastating cross-examination skills - the verdict of one of his clients - Nelson Mandela.

He himself says "I hope there's only one thing about my professional life of which I've boasted and which I think, as a lawyer, is unique on my part - I have acted as an advocate for three winners of The Nobel Peace Prize. I don't think anyone else has done that."

发布日期:2013年3月31日发布时间:一年多以前
克尔斯蒂-杨本周的弃儿是皇家律师悉尼-金特里奇爵士。

他被广泛认为是20世纪的领先倡导者,并在21世纪继续发挥其作用;他最近首次在欧洲法院出庭,去年年底他在英国最高法院度过了他90岁生日的实际日子。

他出生于南非,在20世纪40年代末首次被聘为律师,并在种族隔离时代的一些最重要的政治审判中发挥了主导作用。低调、有节制、无情的理性"--并具有破坏性的盘问技巧--是对他的一个客户--纳尔逊-曼德拉的判决。

他自己说:"我希望在我的职业生活中,只有一件事是我所夸耀的,而且我认为,作为一名律师,这是我的独特之处--我曾为三位诺贝尔和平奖得主担任辩护人。我认为没有人做到这一点。"
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|关于我们|ECO中文网 ( 京ICP备06039041号  

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 17:52 , Processed in 1.532870 second(s), 19 queries .